"Healing is a matter of time, but it is also a matter of opportunity."
— Hipprocrates, Epidemics
Christine M. Nicholson, Ph.D.
Welcome to WorryDoctor.com. I'm Christine Nicholson aka the Worry Doctor.
The primary focus of my private practice is the treatment of troubled children and teens. Treatment may extend to all members of the family because each individual influences the growth and healing of the patient. I specialize in the effects of divorce, family violence, and early attachment issues and their effect on the development of the Self. I believe protecting, understanding and nurturing the health and welfare of our children and their caregivers helps insure a better future for us all.
Although, I specialize in the treatment of troubled children and teens, I also do a lot of work with family members and young adults coping with transitions. I have extensive experience helping individuals with the following:
- Anxiety and Depression
- Infant and Parent Attachment Issues / Post Partum Depression
- Children's and Teens' School Concerns & Problems
- Eating Disorders in Adolescents & Adults
- Interpersonal Communication in Relationships
- Family Conflict / Couples Therapy
- Coping with the Effects of Trauma (PTSD)
- Adjusting to Divorce & Remarriage
- Adult Work- and/or School- Related Stress
- Elder Caregiver Concerns